Basics of SEO
Many of who are naive and do not know what do to simply get ourselves optimized in the search engines. The picture above would actually give you an idea of how to go about it. The basic of SEO is actually quite simple and if you adhere to the structure you are bound to land in a proper position in the search engines rather than being taken for a ride by the search engines optimizers who are plentiful out there just to rip your pockets not knowing if paying them is worth it in the long run.
The basics of SEO as I take it is, number one the page title, number two the URL, number three the keyword density and number four the written content plus there may be a few other consideration which need to be taken into account but they are diminutive to the fundamentals. I shall categorically going into each one as I proceed.
- The page title: This has great value for the search engine. This is the first thing which they encounter when their crawlers search the world wide web. It is always good to use your best keywords that you want to work wonders under.
- The URL: This is the web address which should have the keywords either in the main part of the sub pages. It is best that the sub pages have the keyword suffix. This now tells the crawlers “Ah! This is what the page is all about”.
- The content: This is the written material that a page has, which should not be less than four hundred words. It is from here which the crawlers get the keywords to match both the URL and the page tile beside other keyword or what they call long term key words.
- The keyword density: The density of the primary keyword should not be enforced upon. If it goes beyond a particular density, then it makes the search engines believe that you are trying to force your way in. This can only get your blacklisted which will have an effect on your search engine ranking and placement. The rule of the thumb is to keep it under four per cent in ratio to the total density of the written content which includes the URL, page tile and also the alt tags for graphic description.
- Alter tags: Since the algorithm of search engines have no way of reading graphics, they will not be able to tell what it is. By using, alt tags, it gives the search engine a description of it and one can use a keyword to enhance it.
- Meta description: Meta description help to let the search engines know what your site or page is all about. It is also used when your page link is displayed and thus using a your keyword would enhance your SEO standings.
Adhering to the basics of SEO would save you the trouble of hiring the scrupulous SEOs that could rip your pockets and also get you nowhere. But, you have got to remember one thing unique and non plagiarised content make the matters all the more better. Blogs are a additional benefit and constant new content could help wonders for your audience and well as the search engines who are always on the look out for something new.
Steven William Pitts
A freelance content writer
For freelance content written articles by me, please use the contact form at the side.